Alabama Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
from HCC Life Insurance Company
Our international provider network includes over 44,000 health care professionals and facilities in Alabama alone! Find a Doctor Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Alabama with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Alabama Specific STM Benefits
- Copay for Urgent Care Center Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Screenings Starting at Age 50 or Younger If High Risk
- Periodic Mammogram Exams Starting at Age 40
- Mental Health Coverage
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance from HCC Life Insurance offers peace of mind and is ideal for recent graduates, anyone in between jobs or anyone waiting for Medicare coverage to kick in. In Alabama, short term medical insurance offers a range of deductible choices from low to high, depending on your preferences and needs. Policies for dependents are also available. Short term medical coverage in Alabama also includes hospitalization coverage on some services.
For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Alabama Department of Insurance Resource: http://healthinsurance.alabama.gov/. Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times. Click below to read more about how Short Term Medical insurance can fit your needs in any stage of life: