Atlas America® Insurance
Why Buy Atlas America Insurance?
|Flexibility||With Atlas America insurance, you choose the maximum amount of coverage and deductible.|
|Value||Atlas America travel insurance offers more substantial benefits at a more affordable price than many of its competitors.|
|21st Century Service||
|Expertise||HCC Medical Insurance Services is an insurance company which specializes in travel health insurance solutions and has years of experience with the U.S. healthcare system.|
|Dependability||HCC Medical Insurance Services, a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings LLC, has a very strong financial rating reflecting the stability of the company.|
If you are a non-U.S. citizen, there has never been a better time to visit the U.S. or Canada. The U.S. Government recently stated that temporary visitors to the country add to the nation’s “cultural, education, and economic life.”1 Many individuals come to the U.S. each year to vacation, visit family, for business, to study at an American college or university, or to work at a seasonal job. If you have a U.S. visitor’s visa, consider Atlas America health insurance as the right product to suit your visitor’s visa insurance needs.
Key Benefits of Atlas America®
The U.S. Department of State recommends all travelers to the U.S. obtain adequate medical coverage while visiting the U.S. Here are some key benefits2 of Atlas America insurance coverage and the complimentary travel assistance services that come with each policy:
Key Benefits of Atlas America Insurance
- Up to $1 million in coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses
- Coverage for Acute Onsets of Pre-Existing Conditions
- $1,000,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage
- Coverage for hospitalization, doctors’ office visits, urgent care and many other inpatient and outpatient facilities
- No co-payment for emergency room visits for injuries ($200 co-payment for illnesses)
Free Travel Assistance Services included with Atlas America Insurance
- Prescription Drug Replacement4
- Lost Passport/Document assistance
- Embassy and Consulate Referrals
- Medical Case Management
Review the Description of Coverage for Atlas America to see a more extensive list of benefits.
Atlas America Insurance is Visitor’s Visa Insurance
People coming to the U.S. for a short period of time are often granted a visitor’s visa or tourist visa. This visa is typically granted for six months or less and can be extended if additional time is needed. Many people apply for these visas to visit their children or relatives, attend a family function or ceremony, or simply to visit the U.S.
Make sure you or your visiting relatives coming to the U.S. on a visitor’s visa have insurance in case of an emergency.
Atlas America Offers:
- You can choose to buy Atlas America insurance with a zero-dollar deductible and up to 1 million USD in medical coverage. Under such a scenario, you would only be liable for 20% coinsurance up to $5,000, or $1,000.
- Existing medical conditions are common as people age and not all travel insurance covers pre-existing medical conditions. With Atlas America coverage, you or your relatives have coverage up to the medical coverage maximum for eligible medical expenses for the sudden, unexpected reoccurrence of a pre-existing medical condition.
- Travel plans change constantly so if you or your visitors planned only on staying for one month and then choose to extend their time in the U.S., Atlas America travel insurance can be extended for up to 364 days.
Atlas America Plan
|Eligibility||Must be at least 14 days old to purchase the Atlas Travel Plan coverage. If you are a non-U.S. citizen, your Home Country is the country where you principally reside and receive regular mail. If you are a US citizen, your Home Country is always the United States, regardless of the location of your Principal Residence.|
|Policy Maximum||Age 0-70 – Choose a coverage maximum per certificate that best suits your needs: $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000. Age 70 - 79 age group, the coverage maximum per certificate is $50,000 or $100,000.
Age 80+, maximum coverage per certificate is $10,000.
|Deductibles||You choose between the following deductibles: $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,500. Deductibles are applicable once per certificate period.|
|Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)||Yes|
|Coinsurance (within the PPO or outside the U.S.)||Eligible expenses covered at 100% after the deductible|
|Coinsurance (outside the PPO)||For treatment received inside USA: After the policy deductible selected is paid in full, the program pays 80% of the next $5,000 of Eligible Expenses after the Deductible, then 100% to the Overall Maximum Limit.|
|Purchase Period Maximum||From 5 days to a maximum of 364 days of coverage|
|Extending Your Policy||You can extend your Atlas America plan online when coverage is purchased for at least 5 days, without letting policy lapse.|
|Coverage Benefits||Hospital emergency room and Board charges, Hospital Indemnity, Local Ambulance, Physician visits, Surgeon fees, charges, Pre-admission test/Hospital intensive care unit charges, Diagnostics, X-Rays, Prescription Drugs are covered, Emergency Dental charges are covered, Emergency Medical Evacuation / Repatriation, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD & D), Terrorism, Natural disaster, Sports benefit included, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Pet Return, Lost Checked Luggage, Bedside Visit|
|Exclusions||Review Atlas Insurance plan exclusions information.|
|Plan Administrator||HCC Medical Insurance Services LLC (HCCMIS), headquartered in the United States in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a full-service company offering international medical insurance and short-term medical insurance products designed to meet needs of consumers worldwide. HCCMIS is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: HCC), a leading Specialty Insurance group. HCC’s major companies have a financial strength rating of AA (Very Strong) by Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings and A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company|
|Plan Underwriter||Atlas Travel Insurance plans are underwritten by Lloyd’s of London Lloyd's [Rating of A (excellent) by A.M. Best Company, and 'A+' (Strong) from Standard & Poor's|
Atlas America is Transit Visa Insurance
Individuals with transit visas, those traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the U.S. en route to a foreign destination, typically require a valid transit visa. In order to ensure you have coverage for all parts of your journey, choose Atlas America insurance.
Atlas America offers:
- Worldwide coverage including the U.S. and U.S. territories
- Atlas America can be purchased for as few as five days
- Includes coverage for eligible hospitalizations, doctor’s visits, prescription medication, and durable medical equipment and supplies
Atlas America is Work Visa Insurance
If you are coming to the U.S. on a temporary work visa, you will want to ensure you have access to medical care while you are outside your home country. Business professionals or those coming to the U.S. for on-the-job training, seasonal workers and trainers, temporary agricultural workers and their families can all take advantage of the many benefits offered with Atlas America health insurance.
Atlas America offers:
- Coverage for eligible hospitalizations, doctor’s visits, prescription medication, and durable medical equipment and supplies
- Local ambulance transportation for an eligible injury or illness if hospitalized as an inpatient
- Coverage for eligible surgeries necessary due to a covered accident or illness
Whatever your reason may be for coming to the U.S., Atlas America insurance will provide you with a travel medical plan that suits all your needs.
1 “Temporary Visitors to the U.S.” US Department of State, http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/temp_1305.html (Accessed June 29, 2011).
2 All benefits are subject to the policy’s terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions. Travel and Medical Assistance Services are not insurance benefits. Any travel or medical assistance service provided is not a guarantee of any insurance benefit.
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.