Atlas Travel Insurance Benefits
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security recommends that you register certain items before you travel abroad including watches, laptops, cameras, and electronic items by filling out a Certificate of Registration for Personal Effects Taken Abroad (CBP Form 4457). This form shows that you had acquired the items before leaving the U.S. and all of the items listed on it will be allowed duty-free entry when you return. A travel medical plan like Atlas Travel would be incomplete without the inclusion of travel assistance benefits. The following travel benefits are included when you purchase.
How it Works?
If an airline or cruise line carrier loses your baggage, HCC Medical Insurance Services will pay up to $250 for the replacement of clothes and personal hygiene items.
- File a formal claim for lost luggage with the transportation provider
- Provide HCC Medical Insurance Services with all documentation of the claim filed with the transportation provider and a written statement from the provider confirming that the luggage remains missing
- Lost Luggage Claimant’s Statement form and Proof of Claim can be mailed: HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC P.O. Box No. 2005, Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2005. Claims information can also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 317-262-2140.
How it Works?
HCC Medical Insurance Services will pay for a return ticket to your principal residence if there is damage to your principal residence or a death in your family.2 Trip interruption can also be claimed following an emergency medical evacuation
- Contact HCC Medical Insurance Services, we will coordinate the transportation for you.
- Your attending physician will need to submit medical records if you are claiming the trip interruption benefit after an emergency medical evacuation.
Trip interruption following an emergency medical evacuation is provided if the attending physician states that it is medically necessary for you to return to your home country for recuperation, treatment, and recovery.
Natural DisasterHow it Works?
If you are displaced from planned accommodations due to evacuation from a natural disaster or following a disaster strike caused by an avalanche, earthquake, hurricane, impact event, landslide, mudslide, tornado, tsunami, tropical cyclone, typhoon, volcanic eruption, or wildfire, HCC Medical Insurance Services will cover the cost of your accommodations for up to five days.
Send your itemized bills, receipts, and claimant’s statement form to HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC P.O. Box No. 2005, Farmington Hills, MI 48333-2005. Claims information can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 317-262-2140.
Want to Know More?
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.