Volcanoes, Glaciers, and Caves, Oh My!
What’s your ideal travel destination?
For some, discovering all your home country has to offer is more than enough. Others are content to visit theme parks every opportunity they get. Those who love the outdoors have no shortage of choices. Hiking, rock climbing, skiing – the list goes on and on. One growing travel niche is the desire to explore more remote natural destinations. In particular, the exploration of volcanoes, glaciers, and caves has blossomed in recent years. If you long to see more of our planet’s organic beauty, you can’t go wrong with these options:
- Iceland – This Nordic island country has it all – impressive volcanoes, beautiful white glaciers, flowing waterfalls, intricate caves, eye-popping vistas, and more. And because of its distance from both New York and Europe, travel to the country is manageable.
- New Zealand – If you’ve watched just a few minutes of one of the Lord of the Rings movies, you’ll have an idea of the astounding natural beauty you can find in New Zealand. You can even tour movie locations like Hobbiton. The country is about the size of Colorado, but within it you’ll find volcanoes, rain forests, glaciers, and approximately 10,000 miles of coastline.
- Central Africa – Between Uganda, Rwanda, and the Republic of Congo lays the Virunga Volcanoes. These eight active volcanoes provide a vision unmatched anywhere in the world. Getting there is trickier than some other locales, but the reward is worth it.
- Panama – Though little more than 50 miles across, Panama packs a lot of scenic beauty within its borders. You’ll find volcanoes, caves, pristine waters, and more within the confines of this tropical paradise.
- Unites States, Pacific Northwest – From the caves in Southwest Washington to the glaciers of Alaska, you’ll discover a full range of natural beauty in this corner of the country. Whether you choose to hike, bike, or cruise, new opportunities to explore are never far away.
Are you planning a trip to see some of these amazing sights? Ensuring you have the right travel insurance is critical before heading off on your glacier adventure.
- Why you need travel insurance
- Benefits provided by travel insurance
- How to enroll