Delaware Short Term Health Insurance
from HCC Life Insurance Company
Our international provider network includes over 12,000 health care professionals and facilities in Delaware alone!
Find a Doctor. Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Delaware with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Choice of Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Delaware-Specific STM Benefits
- Pap Smear for women
- Routine Immunizations for children, adolescents, and adults
- Newborn and infant hearing screening
- Developmental delay screening for children
- Clinical trial participation
- Ovarian cancer monitoring
- Scalp Hair Prosthesis
- Mental Health Coverage
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
With more than 12,000 health care professionals and facilities in Delaware, short term medical insurance from HCC Life can help anyone with health care costs when in between jobs, after graduation or while waiting for Medicare benefits to activate. Delaware residents can expect mental health coverage as well as multiple deductible options. A primary care physician is not needed to receive coverage and there are no referrals needed for specialists. Short term medical coverage for Delaware residents also includes some preventative care services.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In Delaware, short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Delaware Insurance Department Resource. Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times. Click below to read more about how Short Term Medical insurance can fit your needs in any stage of life: