Diving with Whales Insurance
It has only ever been a dream to enter deep waters and interact with the largest creatures on Earth. You have watched the whales from a distance multiple times and watched all the documentaries. You have never had the opportunity to get close, but now is your chance to get in the water and swim with them. You get to touch and be next to the largest creatures in the water!
Before you jump into the water, did you know that your domestic medical insurance is probably not effective during your out-of-country experiences? Atlas Travel insurance from HCCMIS gives you coverage for accidents and injuries that may occur while swimming with whales.
While many insurance companies charge extra to cover extreme sports, Atlas Travel insurance includes coverage for injuries that occur while you are on an international trip. We offer several different Atlas Travel plans depending on your destination and how many are in your group. If you are planning a trip to the U.S. or Canada, Atlas America is designed for your trip. If you are traveling outside of the U.S., we have Atlas International insurance.
If you are traveling with a group of five or more, we offer Atlas Group®!
Top Four Places to go Whale Watching or Whale Diving
Several places around the world provide great places to swim with whales. Be sure you check out a few places before you commit yourself to going somewhere. Since you are going on vacation, you want to make sure that there is plenty to do at your destination in addition to your aquatic adventure. Read up on these great places to swim with whales:
Where to Swim with Whales
- Vava’u, Tonga - This island paradise provides great opportunities to dive with humpback whales. Experience these huge animals in the wild while they visit the island’s region for about 15 weeks during the year!
- Silver Bank, Caribbean - Located about 100 km from the Dominican Republic, the Silver Bank is a great place to see humpback whales in the water. While the Silver Bank is out in the ocean, the Dominican Republic has turned it into a sanctuary for these majestic creatures.
- Thailand - If you are looking for more of an exotic location to travel to, then you might consider going to Thailand, where you will have the opportunity to swim with whale sharks!
- Ningaloo Reef, Australia - One of the best places to frequently see large numbers of whale sharks is in the Ningaloo Reef area of Australia. If you want to see these enormous whale-like sharks congregate in groups, this is the place for you!
HCCMIS Benefits and Service
Travelers who purchase Atlas Travel insurance from HCCMIS get coverage for the sports they love, and they also enjoy other important benefits:
At HCCMIS, we are experienced and efficient in handling international medical emergencies for our members. We have many years' experience caring for our members while they are on overseas adventures and coordinating their medical care in different languages and across borders.
Benefits of Atlas Travel® Coverage
- Online quote, purchase, and fulfillment so you get the coverage you need in 5 minutes or less!
- Up to $1 million in coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses
- 100% coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses outside the U.S.
- $1,000,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage
- No copay for emergency room visits for injuries
- Prescription medication coverage
- Emergency ambulance transport coverage
- Physical therapy coverage
- Crisis response coverage
- Personal liability coverage
Key Benefits of Atlas Travel insurance from HCCMIS
|Covered Benefits||Provided With Atlas Travel insurance|
|Guaranteed acceptance||Yes: No medical underwriting is required for eligible individuals. See the Description of Coverage for full eligibility|
|Coverage for pre-existing conditions (excludes chronic and congenital conditions)||Limited: Up to medical coverage maximum lifetime for eligible medical expenses for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries outside the U.S.||Yes: We will pay 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible, up to the overall maximum limit of the policy. See the Description of Coverage for more details|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries inside the PPO||Yes: For eligible expenses within the PPO Network. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|Sports coverage at no additional charge||Yes: Coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses related to sports activities. See the Description of Coverage for limitations.|
|Emergency medical evacuations available 24/7||Yes: $1,000,000 in coverage regardless of policy maximum.|
|Complete online enrollment capabilities & immediate fulfillment||Yes: Selecting 'Yes' to online fulfillment when purchasing will ensure your policy information is available to print once your application has been processed and your credit card approved.|
At HCCMIS, we know that planning a trip can be difficult, so we provide 24/7 customer service and pre-trip destination information. We provide you with up-to-date information about required vaccinations, health risks, travel restrictions and weather conditions about the place(s) you are traveling to. We also provide our customers with lost passport and travel documents assistance, which will assist you in obtaining replacement passports, birth certificates, visas, airline documents, and other travel papers. For more information about all of our customer services and travel assistance services, visit our Customer Service page.
Just love learning about extreme sports? Check out our blog for more destination based travel tips!
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.