Fell Walking Insurance
Are you taking a fell walking trip soon? Make sure you look into travel medical insurance!
The morning air is crisp and fresh. As you begin your fell walking for the day, you wonder what obstacles you will meet. You are prepared to use your hands and climb over any rocks that may stand in your way. This is no leisure walk you are going on – it is an adventure.
Before you head out on your fell walking adventure abroad, you should know that your domestic medical insurance most likely would not keep you protected if you need medical attention. You should consider purchasing travel and fell walking insurance that can help you avoid high medical bills resulting from fell walking accidents and injuries. Atlas Travel® insurance from HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) offers you that peace of mind as you go fell walking.
While many insurance companies charge extra to cover extreme sports, Atlas Travel insurance includes coverage for eligible fell walking injuries that occur while abroad at no additional charge. We offer several different Atlas Travel plans depending on your destination for fell walking and how many are in your group. Atlas America® is designed for those whose travel includes the U.S. or Canada. If you are traveling outside of the U.S., we have Atlas International® insurance. Traveling with a group? If you have 5 or more in your group, you should check out Atlas Group® for a discounted rate!
Origins of Fell Walking
- If you are one of those that are just learning how to fell walk, you probably are wondering the origin of the sport. Most fell walking that occurs today happens in the British Isles. Fell walking is a broad term that often includes forms of hiking, backpacking, or mountaineering. The UK provides a perfect location for this activity because of its diverse mountainous regions that include mountains, high moorlands, remote passes, and coastal areas.
- While fell walking can include rock climbing, it is generally regarded as an easier activity that utilizes straightforward routes up mountains and hills. Occasionally, some mountains will require climbing skills, which will allow fell walkers to become good scramblers.
Popular Fell Walking Locations in the UK
1. Lake District, Northwest England
There are several top rated trails for fell walking in England’s Lake District. The Borger Dalr in Borrowdale is a four mile walk which includes climbing the site of 2000-year-old hill fort and stopping at a memorial summit known as the Peace How.
2. Brecon Beacons National Park, South Wales
Brecon Beacons National Park is an excellent fell walking location for beginners. The Park hosts a number of walking activities and even offers guided walks. The Park Explorer tool allows visitors to plan out their route in advance of their visit and shows walking routes, nature trails, cycle routes, and other activities which can be found within the Park.
3. Scottish Highlands, Northern Scotland’s Great Trails
Scotland has a number of great trails for fell walking! For individuals wanting to take in mountain and loch landscapes, the Southern Upload Way is Scotland’s coast-to coast route and interactive ordnance survey and explorer maps are available online. For those whose inclination leans more towards the seaside, Cairngorms National Park is a four-mile guided Northern Corries walk which allows you to explore throughout the park.
HCCMIS Coverage and Services
HCCMIS can keep you covered for up to 12 months with one of our Atlas Travel plans. We offer some great coverage for fell walkers like you. At HCCMIS, we are experienced and efficient in handling international medical emergencies for our members. We have many years of experience caring for our members while they are on overseas adventures and coordinating their medical care in different languages and across borders. Atlas International insurance is great for international travel adventures with many benefits tailored to the sports enthusiast including:
- Online quote, purchase, and fulfillment so you get the coverage you need in 5 minutes or less!
- Up to $1 million in coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses
- 100% coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses outside the U.S.
- $500,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage
- No copay for emergency room visits for injuries
- Prescription medication coverage
- Emergency ambulance transport coverage
- Physical therapy coverage
- Crisis response coverage
- Personal liability coverage
Key Benefits of Atlas Travel® insurance from HCCMIS
|Covered Benefits||Provided With Atlas Travel insurance|
|Guaranteed acceptance||Yes: No medical underwriting is required for eligible individuals. See the Description of Coverage for full eligibility|
|Coverage for pre-existing conditions||Partially: Up to $100,000 lifetime maximum for eligible medical expenses for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries outside the U.S.||Yes: We will pay 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible, up to the overall maximum limit of the policy. See the Description of Coverage for more details|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries inside the PPO||Yes: For eligible expenses within the PPO Network. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|Sports coverage at no additional charge||Yes: Coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses related to sports activities. See the Description of Coverage for limitations.|
|Emergency medical evacuations available 24/7||Yes, $500,000 in coverage regardless of policy maximum.|
|Complete online enrollment capabilities & immediate fulfillment||Yes: Selecting 'Yes' to online fulfillment when purchasing will ensure your policy information will be available to print once your application has been processed and your credit card approved.|
At HCCMIS, we understand the stress of planning a trip, which is why we offer 24/7 customer service that can help you find the right plan or answer any questions you may have about an existing plan. We also offer a number of travel assistance services that you might find helpful: pre-trip destination information, emergency cash transfers, medical monitoring, assistance in replacing passports and other travel documents, and many more! You can learn more about these and our other services by visiting our Customer Services page!
Just love learning about extreme sports? Read more below or check out our blog for more destination based travel tips!