Gorge Walking Insurance
Are you planning a trip to a canyon or gorge? Make sure you look into insurance before you go!
The calming sound of the river some distance below you settles any nerves you may have. The path in front of you may not be very wide, but it is wide enough for an experienced trekker like you. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and you remember that it is your love of nature that keeps you gorge walking whenever you can.
Before you set out on your walk, make sure that if an accident were to happen, your insurance would keep you covered. Atlas Travel® insurance from HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) can give you peace of mind as you travel because we know how adventurous you can be.
While many insurance companies charge extra to cover extreme sports, Atlas Travel insurance includes coverage for gorge walking injuries that may occur while abroad at no additional charge. We offer several different Atlas Travel plans depending on your destination for gorge walking and how many are in your group.
Are you planning on visiting a gorge in the U.S. or Canada? Then you need to check out Atlas America®. For those traveling to gorges outside of the U.S., we offer Atlas International®. If you plan on traveling with a group of five or more, be sure to check out Atlas Group® for a discounted rate!
The Most Beautiful Gorges in the World
Gorges exist around the world, so depending on what type of gorge walking you want to do, you can select from a large variety. Some gorges are rockier, while others provide more of a forested mountain atmosphere. Check out this quick list of the most beautiful gorges around the world before you decide where you want to go:
Best Gorges to Visit
- Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon - If you are looking for a rolling river, lots of plant life, and exotic animals, then this gorge in China just might be where you should go. Located in the eastern Himaylayan range, this canyon stretches across 150 miles.
- The Grand Canyon - The Grand Canyon, located in Arizona, United States, is 277 miles long and has a depth of 6,000 feet. If you are looking for a rocky terrain with a river below you, this just might be the perfect place for you.
- Cotahuasi Canyon - This Peruvian canyon is widely believed to be the deepest gorge in the Americas. At its lowest point the gorge is 3,535 meters and allows for some great, isolated nature time.
- Vikos Gorge - This breath-taking gorge is located in northern Greece and is a great combination of rocky and forested terrain. If you are looking for a rustic place with several small rivers and streams, then this just might be perfect for you!
- Brecon Beacons - If you are looking for a little more of an adventurous gorge walk, then you might consider visiting the Brecon Beacons in Wales, UK. Here, you will find multiple companies to take you on walking tours that will have you in and out of water, climbing on rocks, and observing a beautiful landscape.
HCCMIS Coverage and Services
Are you planning a short hike or a yearlong hike? At HCCMIS, we understand that accidents happen, which is why our coverage is designed to help you out in the event of an accident. At HCCMIS, we are experienced and efficient in handling international medical emergencies for our members. We have 15 years’ of experience caring for our members while they are on overseas adventures and coordinating their medical care in different languages and across borders.
Benefits of Gorge Walking Insurance Coverage
- Online quote, purchase, and fulfillment so you get the coverage you need in 5 minutes or less!
- Up to $1 million in coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses
- 100% coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses outside the U.S.
- $500,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage
- No copay for emergency room visits for injuries Physician visits and hospitalization
- Prescription medication coverage
- Emergency ambulance transport coverage
- Physical therapy visits
Key Benefits of Atlas Travel® insurance from HCCMIS
|Covered Benefits||Provided With Atlas Travel insurance|
|Guaranteed Acceptance||Yes: No medical underwriting is required for eligible individuals. See the Description of Coverage for full eligibility|
|Coverage for pre-existing conditions||Partially: Up to $100,000 lifetime life for the eligible medical expense for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries outside the U.S.||Yes: We will pay 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible, up to the overall maximum limit of the policy. See the Description of Coverage for more details|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries inside the PPO||Yes: For eligible expenses within the PPO Network. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|Sports coverage at no additional charge||Yes: Coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses related to sports activities,. See the Description of Coverage for for limitations.|
|Emergency medical evacuations available 24/7||Yes, $500,000 in coverage regardless of policy maximum.|
|Complete online enrollment capabilities & immediate fulfillment||Yes: Selecting 'Yes' to online fulfillment when purchasing will ensure your policy information will be available to print once your application has been processed and your credit card approved.|
At HCCMIS, we understand the stress of planning a trip, which is why we offer 24/7 customer service that can help you find the right plan or answer any questions you may have about an existing plan. We also offer a number of travel assistance services that you might find helpful: pre-trip destination information, emergency cash transfers, medical monitoring, assistance in replacing passports and other travel documents, and many more! You can learn more about these and our other services by visiting our Customer Services page!
Just love learning about extreme sports? Read more below or check out our blog for more destination based travel tips!
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.