Indiana Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
from HCC Life Insurance Company
Our international provider network includes over 96,000 health care professionals and facilities in Indiana alone! Find a Doctor. Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Indiana with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Choice of Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Indiana-Specific STM Benefits
- Copay for Urgent Care Center Treatment
- Mental Health Coverage
- Diabetes Education
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
HCC Life short term medical insurance helps eligible people needing temporary health care coverage. It is ideal for people awaiting Medicare benefits, when in between jobs, for new graduates and anyone waiting for new job benefits to kick in. Several deductible choices are available and primary care physicians are not required. In addition, no referrals are needed for specialist visits except for physical therapy treatments. Other benefits for Indiana residents include emergency services as well as education for diabetes management.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In Indiana, short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Indiana Department of Insurance Resource: http://www.in.gov/idoi/2445.htm. Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times. Click below to read more about how Short Term Medical insurance can fit your needs in any stage of life: