International Insurance Coverage
Insurance for Missionaries
Preparing for a missions trip of any kind can be tedious. With lots to remember and keep in mind as you prepare, you need to make sure you do not overlook international insurance coverage.
When you purchase international insurance coverage from HCCMIS you will have coverage that you can count on for eligible illnesses and injuries:
- Local ambulance
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions
Surviving in Foreign Countries
Since you are moving to a new country to be a missionary, there is a good chance that you will be there for a long period of time. The adjustment period, for anyone, can be difficult. However, there are several things you can do to make the transition much smoother and easier.
- Research - Before you even decide where you want to be a missionary, you need to do research. Be sure that the place you are moving is somewhere that you will like and you can handle the type of service associated with the place. You also need to do cultural research before you leave, as that will allow you to fit into the society much better.
- Double Check Your Packing List - As you are packing, you need to double-check everything and then recheck it. You do not want the stress of arriving to your new home only to find that you have forgotten something important at home. Having double-checked your packing list will make your transition much easier in the long run.
- Be Respectful - You need to remember to be respectful in your new home. If you are staying with a host family, make sure you are gracious of their hospitality and respect their wishes.
- Meet People - You need to get out in the community and interact with the people! Even if your missionary service is to rebuild buildings, you should do your best to get out there and meet new people.
- Be Open to Experiences - You have to remember that you are in a new place with new people. You are going to be exposed to new things, so make sure you partake in some of these new experiences and be open to what happens. This is a chance of a lifetime, so make the most out of it as possible.
You can manage your account and find helpful information online through our Client Zone. The Client Zone gives you access to a number of services and allows you to find information you may need:
- Change your personal information
- Get details on filing a claim and download the necessary forms
- Reprint an ID card
- Renew your coverage
- Locate providers
- Access health and wellness information
- View and download brochures
Our customer service specialists are available 24/7 to help answer any questions you may have. You can learn more about all of our customer services by visiting the Customer Services page.
Links Related to International Insurance Coverage
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.