Louisiana Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
from HCC Life Insurance Company
Our international provider network includes over 61,000 health care professionals and facilities in Louisiana alone! Find a Doctor. Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Louisiana with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Includes Coverage in Canada
- Deductible Choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Choice of Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Louisiana-Specific STM Benefits
- Copay for Urgent Care Center Treatment
- Mental Health Coverage
U.S. residents living in Louisiana may be eligible for short term medical insurance from HCC Life. Affordable plans can be selected for terms of a single month to 11 months. You choose the deductible from several budget-friendly options as well as the coinsurance. Temporary health insurance from HCC Life Insurance features out-of-network coverage plus flexibility with selecting a primary care physician. Referrals are never needed for specialists except for physical therapy treatments.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Click below to read more:
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 11 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In Louisiana, short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Louisiana Department of Insurance Resource: http://www.ldi.state.la.us/consumers/miscellaneous_pubs.html. Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.