Michigan Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
from HCC Life Insurance Company
Our international provider network includes over 124,000 health care professionals and facilities in Michigan alone! Find a Doctor. Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Michigan with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Choice of Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Michigan-Specific STM Benefits
- Diabetes supplies and education
- Mammogram screenings and breast cancer diagnostic services beginning at age 35
- Out-patient substance abuse treatment
- Hospice care
- Antineoplastic therapy
During transitional times in life, you may find yourself lacking medical coverage. Whether it’s a need for temporary health insurance between jobs or for a recent graduate, new immigrant or a retiree waiting on Medicare, HCC Life has a policy to fit your needs. HCC Life offers short term health insurance plans where you choose the deductible and length of coverage. In Michigan, short term medical insurance is termed Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. Temporary medical insurance from HCC Life covers Michigan residents for hospital inpatient prescription drug coverage as well as several other hospital services. There are several deductible choices available as well as out-of-network coverage.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times. Click below to read more:
- Individuals between jobs
- New employees waiting on benefits
- Retired individuals (under 65) waiting on Medicare
- Recent U.S. immigrants
- Recent college graduates
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In Michigan, short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation Resource. *Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.