Mountain Biking Insurance
You are sitting at the top of the hill. Tire pressure is good, elbow pads are tight, and helmet is secure. You look down the path one last time and take a deep breath. You try to imagine the trees rushing past you. Now you are ready; you push off with your right foot and pedal hard.
Mountain biking can take you all over the world, but you need to make sure that your insurance will keep you covered if you should have an accident. Atlas Travel® insurance from HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) can give you peace of mind as you travel. It helps you with high medical bills resulting from mountain biking-related accidents. Many insurance companies will charge you extra for the sports coverage you need, but when you purchase an Atlas Travel plan, you will receive coverage if an eligible mountain biking injury should occur.
While many insurance companies charge extra to cover extreme sports, Atlas Travel insurance includes coverage for mountain biking injuries that may occur while abroad at no additional charge. We offer several different Atlas Travel plans depending on your destination for mountain biking and how many are in your group. Atlas America® is designed for those whose travel incudes the U.S. or Canada. If you are traveling outside of the U.S., we have Atlas International® insurance. Traveling with a group? If you have 5 or more in your group, you should check out Atlas Group® for a discounted rate!
Mountain Biking Tips: Important Gear
Before you hit those mountain biking trails, make sure you check out these mountain biking tips to get some gear that might just help keep you safe:
- Gloves - Mountain biking gloves are usually heavier and more durable than other biking clothes, and they cover the entire hand.
- Glasses - Having safety glasses on during mountain biking will protect your eyes from debris that could fly up from around the woods and path.
- Shoes - Make sure the shoes you wear are durable and have a good grip on the bottom, because you never know when you will have to get off the bike and hike or climb a little.
- Clothing - Make sure the clothing you wear is comfortable and keeps your body protected.
- Hydration - It is important to keep yourself hydrated, so you might consider taking water bottles or lightweight backpacks with hydration systems in them.
- GPS - If you are biking in unfamiliar territory, you might consider taking a GPS with you to avoid getting lost.
- Pump - It is a good idea to have a pump handy in case your tires go flat.
- Tools - Because you may be biking in the middle of nowhere, you might need tools to repair your bike.
- Lights - Lights can be a good thing to have if you become lost, are biking at night, or if the weather changes suddenly.
Coverage and Services of HCCMIS
You would not go mountain biking without all the proper gear, so why travel without travel medical insurance? A good travel policy with coverage for mountain biking accidents can help you avoid high medical bills while you are away from home. Take a look at some of these awesome coverage benefits you will get with an Atlas Travel plan. At HCCMIS, we are experienced and efficient in handling international medical emergencies for our members. We have 15 years’ of experience caring for our members while they are on overseas adventures and coordinating their medical care in different languages and across borders.
Benefits of Mountain Biking Insurance Coverage
- Online quote, purchase, and fulfillment so you get the coverage you need in 5 minutes or less!
- Up to $1 million in coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses
- 100% coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses outside the U.S.
- $1,000,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage
- No copay for emergency room visits for injuries Physician visits and hospitalization
- Prescription medication coverage
- Emergency ambulance transport coverage
- Physical therapy visits
- Crisis response coverage
- Personal liability coverage
Key Benefits of Atlas Travel insurance from HCCMIS
|Covered Benefits||Provided With Atlas Travel insurance|
|Guaranteed Acceptance||Yes: No medical underwriting is required for eligible individuals. See the Description of Coverage for full eligibility|
|Coverage for pre-existing conditions (excludes chronic and congenital conditions)||Limited: Up to medical coverage maximum lifetime for eligible medical expenses for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries outside the U.S.||Yes: We will pay 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible, up to the overall maximum limit of the policy. See the Description of Coverage for more details|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries inside the PPO||Yes: For eligible expenses within the PPO Network. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|Sports coverage at no additional charge||Yes: Coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses related to sports activities. See the Description of Coverage for limitations.|
|Emergency medical evacuations available 24/7||Yes, $1,000,000 in coverage regardless of policy maximum.|
|Complete online enrollment capabilities & immediate fulfillment||Yes: Selecting 'Yes' to online fulfillment when purchasing will ensure your policy information will be available to print once your application has been processed and your credit card approved.|
At HCCMIS, we understand the stress of planning a trip, which is why we offer 24/7 customer service that can help you find the right plan or answer any questions you may have about an existing plan. We also offer a number of travel assistance services that you might find helpful: pre-trip destination information, emergency cash transfers, medical monitoring, assistance in replacing passports and other travel documents, and many more! You can learn more about these and our other services by visiting our Customer Services page!
Just love learning about extreme sports? Read more below or check out our blog for more destination based travel tips!
|Air Sports||Water Sports||Mountain Sports|
|Zip Lining||Body Boarding||Rappelling|
|Diving with Whales||Fell Running|
|Scuba Diving||Rap Running|
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.