North Carolina Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
From HCC Life
Our international provider network includes over 103,000 health care professionals and facilities in North Carolina alone! Find a Doctor or get more details regarding all the benefits available in North Carolina with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No referrals needed for specialists except physical therapy
- No primary care physician required
- Out-of-network coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% coinsurance
- Up to $2,000,000 lifetime maximum
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Labs, x-ray, emergency room, outpatient surgery & hospitalization coverage
North Carolina Benefits
- Prostate screenings
- Periodic cervical cancer screening
- Periodic mammogram exam starting at age 35
- Mental health benefits
- Diabetes educational services, equipment, supplies, medications, and laboratory procedures
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers, in North Carolina, short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the North Carolina Department of Insurance Resource: http://www.ncdoi.com. Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times. Click below to read more: