Temporary Insurance for Children
From HCC Life Insurance Company
Almost all Americans require medical insurance to pay for health and medical care. Yet more and more adults and children are living outside the safety net of a medical insurance policy because of the prohibitive costs associated with purchasing such benefits. Having uninsured children can be a daunting prospect for parents.
According to the Center for Disease Control:
- Uninsured children were more than five times as likely as children with insurance coverage to not have seen a doctor or other health professional in more than 2 years.
- In 2011, 5 million children had no health insurance coverage
- Children in single-father families were more likely to be uninsured for healthcare.
- Approximately 1.3 million children were unable to get needed medical care because the family could not afford it.
- 2.5 million children received delayed medical care because of worry about the cost.
- 9.4 million children living in the U.S. had an emergency room visit within a 12 month period and 4.3 million children had two or more visits in 2011.
HCC Life Insurance Short Term Health Insurance for Children
As a parent, there are many reasons why you might need to purchase a short term medical insurance policy for your child. You may be between jobs or in a benefits waiting period at a new company. You and your family may have just returned from a mission overseas or an extended time abroad and need to purchase a domestic healthcare policy now that you’re back in the states. Perhaps, the parent with the better insurance may have been laid off or terminated when the business relocated. Your child may be part of your family’s immigration to the United States and the process of starting a new life here. The death of a spouse, divorce and domestic disputes can all separate you from the policyholder and prevent your child from receiving necessary care as a beneficiary.
Childhood illnesses, diseases and accidents are too common and leaving your children uninsured may not be the best option for their health. A short term medical insurance policy can give your child the protection he or she needs, and grant you some peace of mind. For a monthly premium, you can protect the family finances from unexpected and costly visits to the doctor’s office or the emergency room.
Low Cost Health Insurance for Low Income Families
Affordable health plans for children are available depending upon your income, the size of your family and the state in which you reside from a variety of private companies. HCC Life Insurance Company offers a short term medical insurance coverage at an affordable rate for uninsured children and families on a budget. Eligibility for children ages 19 through 25 may vary by state.
Even the healthiest children require regular medical care, from the time they’re born until they reach adulthood. Finding and maintaining health insurance coverage can be a challenge, but by researching options like short term health insurance parents can help their children grow up healthy and happy.