Alaska Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
Please note, our Short Term Medical insurance is intended for temporary gaps in health insurance. It is not compliant with the federal Affordable Care Act and does not cover expenses related to pre-existing conditions.
Our international provider network includes over 44,000 health care professionals and facilities in Alaska alone! Find a Doctor in the network here.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Alaska with our short term medical insurance plan by reviewing the full policy documents here.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Alaska Specific STM Benefits
- Periodic Colorectal Cancer Screening Exam Beginning at Age 50 or Younger If High Risk
- Prostate Cancer Screening for Men Starting at Age 40 or Age 35 with Family History
- Annual Pap Smear Screenings for Females Beginning at Age 18
- Mental Health Coverage
- Well-Baby Exams for Children up to 24 month
- Formula Necessary for the Treatment of the Phenylketonuria Birth Defect
- Clinical trial participation for approved study related to cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, and bone marrow stem cell disorders.
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In Alaska, short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the
Alaska Division of Insurance Resource: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/ins/pub/choosing.pdf
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Get Short Term Insurance