California Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
Our international provider network includes over 370,000 health care professionals and facilities in California alone! Find a Doctor in the network here.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in California with our short term medical insurance plan by reviewing the full policy documents here.
Short term medical insurance from HCC Life Insurance provides policies to California residents needing health care coverage. Temporary health insurance plans are available in a range of deductibles and do not require a primary care physician. In California, resident coverage includes screenings and other preventative care. Short term medical insurance plans in California also include child-specific services.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
California-Specific STM Benefits
- Periodic Mammogram Exams Beginning at Age 35
- Cervical Cancer Screenings Including Pap Test
- Child Preventative Care and Childhood Immunizations up to Age 16
- Mental Health Coverage
- Dental Anesthesia
- Coverage for Medically Necessary Prosthetic Devices After Laryngectomy Surgery
- Prostate Screenings
- Osteoporosis Management and Treatment
- Diabetes Supplies
- AIDS Vaccination
- Cancer Clinical Trials
- Treatment for the Phenylketonuria Birth Defect
- Cancer Screening Tests
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the California Department of Insurance Resource: www.insurance.ca.gov
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Get Short Term Insurance