Georgia Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
Please note, our Short Term Medical insurance is intended for temporary gaps in health insurance. It is not compliant with the federal Affordable Care Act and does not cover expenses related to pre-existing conditions.
Our international provider network includes over 166,000 health care professionals and facilities in Georgia alone! Find a Doctor in the network here.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Georgia with our short term medical insurance plan reviewing the full policy documents here.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No referrals needed for specialists except physical therapy
- No primary care physician required
- Out-of-network coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% coinsurance
- Choice of coverage maximum up to $2,000,000 lifetime
- Hospital inpatient prescription drug coverage
- Labs, x-ray, emergency room, outpatient surgery & hospitalization coverage
- Prostate screenings
- Periodic pap smear screening for women
- Periodic mammogram exam starting at age 35
- Osteoporosis treatment
- Mental health coverage
- Ovarian cancer screening for women at risk starting at age 35
- Annual chlamydia screenings for women up to age 29
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Resource. Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Get Short Term Insurance