Hawaii Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
Our international provider network includes over 5,000 health care professionals and facilities in Hawaii alone! Find a doctor in the network here.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Hawaii with our short-term medical insurance plan by reviewing the full policy documents here.
General STM Benefits
- Includes Coverage in Canada
- Deductible Choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Hawaii Specific STM Benefits
- Periodic Mammogram Exams Starting at Age 40 or Earlier if High Risk
- Limited Mental Health Coverage
- Child Health Supervision Services through Age 5
- Medical Foods and Low-Protein Food Products to Treat Congenital Metabolism Deficiencies
- Diabetes Equipment and Education
- Colorectal Cancer Screenings
- Medically Necessary Chemotherapy
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Hawaii Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs – Insurance Resource.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Get Short Term Insurance