South Dakota Short Term Medical Insurance
Our international provider network includes thousands of health care professionals and facilities in South Dakota alone! Find a Doctor in the network here.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in South Dakota with our short-term medical insurance plan by reviewing the full policy documents here.
General STM Benefits*
- Deductible Choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No referrals needed for specialists except physical therapy
- No primary care physician required
- Out-of-network coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% coinsurance
- Choice of coverage maximum up to $2,000,000 lifetime
- Hospital inpatient prescription drug coverage
- Labs, x-ray, emergency room, outpatient surgery & hospitalization coverage
South Dakota Specific STM Benefits
- Periodic mammogram screening exams starting at age 35
- Inpatient treatment of alcoholism
- Prostate screening starting at age 50 or earlier if high risk
- Phenylketonuria testing and formula
- Dental anesthesia
- Home health services
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72-hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Get a Quote
*Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.
Our international provider network includes over 9,000 health care professionals and facilities in South Dakota alone! Find a Doctor
Get a full list of all the benefits available in South Dakota with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the South Dakota Division of Insurance Resource: http://dlr.sd.gov/insurance/consumer_information.aspx. *Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Get Short Term Insurance