Short Term Mission Trips Insurance
You are preparing for short term mission trips. Maybe you are going to be gone for a week. Maybe your trip is going to be a month. No matter how short your trip is going to be, you need to consider short term mission trips insurance. Atlas International from HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) can provide you with the coverage you need.
Short-term mission trips insurance can help you avoid high medical bills that can result from eligible accidents, injuries, and illnesses. Short term mission trips insurance from HCCMIS can keep you covered for 5 days or all the way up to 12 months! When you purchase an Atlas International® insurance plan from HCCMIS you are purchasing coverage you can count on.
Short Term Mission Trip Insurance from HCCMIS includes
- Local ambulance
- Semi-private hospital room
- Prescription drug coverage
- Pre-existing conditions
- Physical Therapy
How HCCMIS is Different
- At HCCMIS, we do not just sell insurance. We help you find the right plan, make managing your plan easy, and provide you with travel assistance services. Our customer service specialists are available 24/7 to help you find the right plan for your trip or answer any questions you may have about an existing plan.
- Through our Client Zone you can manage your plan online. You have access to change personal information, print ID cards, renew your coverage, and obtain details about filing a claim. You can also download brochures about health, wellness, and our plans. You can also get quotes for other HCCMIS products.
- Our travel assistance services can help you travel much more easily. We can assist you in tracking your lost luggage, finding a provider in your area, translation, prescription drug replacement, and replacing passports and other travel documents. Simply call our World Service Center at (800) 605-2282 or (317) 262-2132 (collect calls accepted).
To learn more about these services and all of our other customer services, simply visit our Customer Services page.
Want to know more about Atlas Travel® insurance, how it works, and the benefits? Read more below:
Security Advice for Traveling
Sometimes, mission trips can take you to some potentially dangerous places—this should not keep you from serving.
Tips to minimize your risk for dangerous situations on a short term mission trip:
|Avoid patterns||Being predictable and doing the same things every day can make you an easy target.|
|Know the local phone system||Before you leave home, memorize emergency numbers.|
|Avoid public disputes||This could be in the form of personal confrontations or public demonstrations. You do not want to get mixed up in these events.|
|Keep a low profile||Do not wear flashy clothing and do not show large amounts of cash when paying for things.|
|Travel in groups||When possible, you should travel with other people.|
|Carry an international cell phone||You never know when you will be stranded or may need emergency assistance.|
|Do not give out personal information||Avoid giving your address, phone number, and other personal information to strangers.|
|Avoid poorly lit areas||At night, do not go near areas that have poor lighting or are isolated.|
|Lock your doors||It is important to chain lock or brace your door, especially at night.|
|Be prepared for evacuation||You never know when you may need to leave a place in a hurry or for an emergency reason. Know how to get out of an area quickly and as risk-free as possible.|
|Report to someone||Make sure someone has a copy of your itinerary and knows when you are going to check in with them.|
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.