South Carolina Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
from HCC Life Insurance Company
Our international provider network includes thousands of health care professionals and facilities in South Carolina alone! Find a Doctor. Get more details regarding all the benefits available in South Carolina with our short-term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
South Carolina Specific STM Benefits
- Copay for Urgent Care Center Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Screenings Starting at Age 50 or Younger If High Risk
- Periodic Mammogram Exams Starting at Age 40
- Mental Health Coverage
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72-hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Our international provider network includes over 47,000 health care professionals and facilities in South Carolina alone! Find a Doctor
Short Term Medical insurance can fit your needs in any stage of life:
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In South Carolina, short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the South Carolina Department of Insurance Resource. Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.