Study in Germany
Deciding to study abroad is one of the most important decisions you can make as a student and the experience will continue to make an impression on the rest of your life. Not only will you gain knowledge in the classroom, but you will have experiences outside of the classroom that will impact your relationships, work, and your potential jobs. The hardest decision you will have to make after you decide to study abroad is where to study. The world is open to you. You can literally travel anywhere to study, but some places are going to fit you, your wants, and your needs better. Choosing to study in Germany could just be the choice for you. Germany is full of art, culture, knowledge and history. Studying abroad in Germany is sure to be a rewarding experience that you will not soon forget.
What to Study When You Go to Germany
When you go abroad to study, you have so many options as to what you are going to study. You may have to change programs, to focus on a degree that is not what you originally intended to study. You are most likely going to be able to take classes that you never thought of before. Germany has a rich history, and its universities reflect this. Here are a few subjects you might consider studying while you are in Germany:
- German: As an international student, one of the most appealing aspects of studying in Germany is learning and honing your study of the German language. What better way to develop as a German speaker than to immerse yourself in the German language and culture? While living in Germany, you will learn from and be surrounded by German speakers with whom you can converse with on a daily basis.
- English: Another great opportunity that you may have as an international student in Germany is to study in Germany in English. Even if you speak English as your native language, you stand to gain some great knowledge from German educators about structure, etymology, and grammar.
- Engineering: Germany is one the leaders in the world when it comes to engineering. Currently, Germany is at the top of the technology world, which means their universities are full of great engineering classes and programs. You could have the opportunity to study various forms of engineering from some of the top minds of the world.
- Economics: As one of the most successful economic countries in Europe, you can stand to gain a lot from educators about economics and economic policies. If you are interested in international relations, political science, or business, then Germany has many things to teach you.
- Fashion: As one of the more modern cities in Europe, Berlin is one of the most famous cities for fashion. If you love shopping, then you are going to find some amazing things. But Berlin also offers some amazing fashion schools. You can travel and learn from some of the best designers in the world.
Common International Student Health Insurance Benefits
|Benefit||What it Means||StudentSecure includes?|
|Monthly Payments||Coverage can be paid for on a monthly basis||Yes|
|U.S. PPO Network||Online searchable provider network||Yes, with physicians across the U.S.|
|100% Coinsurance within the PPO network||100% of eligible injuries and illnesses are covered after the deductible by your insurance company||Yes|
|In patient Hospitalization||If you are injured or ill and need hospitalization for more than 24 hours, this is considered inpatient hospitalization||Yes|
|Coverage for prescription drugs||Your prescriptions are covered by your plan||Yes|
|Coverage for maternity||Expenses related to covered pregnancy are covered by the plan||Yes. Maternity covered 80% within the PPO and 60% outside the PPO up to the coverage maximum for StudentSecure Select. Maternity covered 80% within the PPO and 60% outside the PPO up to $5,000 for StudentSecure Budget.|
What To See When You Study In Germany
Because of Germany’s deep history, there are many things for you to see while you are studying in Germany. Whether it is a city or a historical site, you are sure to find something worth checking out:
- Berlin: As the capital of Germany, Berlin is a city rich and brimming with history. You can visit the remains of the Berlin Wall, visit numerous museums, and see amazing architecture.
- Munich: Known mostly as the home of Oktoberfest, Munich is also a city full of life and art. The nightlife of the city is hard to beat, and if you enjoy museums then you will be happy here. Known for its research and sciences, Munich is home to some of the best universities in the world.
- Castle Neuschwanstein: While the castle is not technically complete, it did serve as the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s castle in Disneyland. You can enjoy the grounds and the parts of the castle that were completed.
- The Gothic Cathedral: Although the official name is the Cologne Cathedral, the Gothic Cathedral is known for its amazing gothic architecture. The Cathedral took 600 years to build and was at one time the tallest building in the world.
- Black Forest: If you have ever wondered where witches and werewolves are from, then look no further than the Black Forest. It is rumored that the stunning scenery of the forest is home to witches, werewolves, and other such creatures.
- Heidelberg: Not only does the city house the famous Heidelberg Castle, but it is also home to the third oldest university, the University of Heidelberg. Explore this city and take part in its many festivals.
When you make the decision to study abroad in Germany you are making the decision to study in one of the oldest parts of Europe. You will be in a country that embraces modernity, but is proud of its long history and remembers it. Make sure you find the best university and programs that fit your needs as you study abroad in Germany.
International Student Health Insurance Options
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.