Why Buy a Trip Interruption Insurance Plan?
As you plan your trip overseas, you may see information regarding trip cancellation insurance or trip interruption (delay) insurance. You may even consider purchasing it for a brief moment before brushing it aside as a non-necessity expense. What you don’t realize is that travel cancellation insurance is more than just protection for the money you’ve put into a trip, it’s also helping you to protect your family and yourself.
Accidents can occur anywhere and even while on vacation. A car accident, a broken bone, an allergic reaction, could all force you to cancel, delay or cut short your holiday. But there are even more problematic situations that could keep you from your fantasy destination. Lost luggage, credit card theft, flight cancellations – all can put a damper in your plans. This is where our trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance can help.
We offer three trip cancellation insurance plans for you to choose from:
- Worldwide Trip Protector Gold
- Worldwide Trip Protector
- Trip Protector Lite
You pick the one that suits your needs and budget. You can add them to your travel medical insurance plan or just purchase a trip cancellation insurance plan on its own.
To make your life a little easier all of our trip can plans come with free global travel assistance services. If you choose either our Worldwide Trip Protector or Worldwide Trip Protector Gold plan, you receive exclusive business concierge services, identity theft assistance and the global travel assistance services, all at no additional cost to you.
|Worldwide Trip Protector Gold||Worldwide Trip Protector||Trip Protector Lite|
|Most comprehensive coverage||Comprehensive coverage||Most affordable coverage|
|Highest limits of primary emergency medical expense and other benefits||Emergency medical expense, upgradable to primary||Emergency medical expense|
|Trip cancellation, delay and interruption||Trip cancellation, delay and interruption||Trip cancellation, delay, and interruption|
|Protects against pre-existing medical conditions and Supplier Bankruptcy/Default when you purchase up to 30 days after initial trip deposit||Protects against pre-existing medical conditions and Supplier Bankruptcy/Default when you purchase up to 21 days after initial trip deposit|
|Medical and political evacuation||Medical evacuation|
|Baggage protection, renters collision insurance and travel accident protection||Baggage protection and travel accident protection|
|24/7 Travel assistance and customer care||24/7 Travel assistance and customer care||24/7 Customer care and travel assistance|
|14-day free look: cancel your plan up to 14 days after purchase for full refund (minus $8 administrative fee)||24/7 Customer care and travel assistance « 14-day free look: cancel your plan up to 14 days after purchase for full refund (minus $8 administrative fee) Kids free – children 17 and under traveling with an insured adult||24/7 Travel assistance and customer care 14-day free look: cancel your plan up to 14 days after purchase for full refund (minus $8 administrative fee) Kids free – one child 17 and under traveling per insured adult|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Worldwide Trip Protector Gold: Our Most Comprehensive Trip Can Plan
Our Worldwide Trip Protector Gold plan is our most comprehensive plan, offering those looking for a lot of coverage at a competitive price.
- Highest limits of Primary Emergency Medical Expense and other related benefits
- Include Trip Cancellation, Trip Delay, and Trip Interruption
- You can Upgrade to Cancel for Any Reason
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions and Supplier Bankruptcy/Default Coverage available when you purchase up to 30 days after your initial trip deposit payment
- Both Medical and Political Evacuation Included
- Luggage Protection, Renters' Collision Insurance and Travel Accident Protection
- 24/7 Customer Care and Expanded Travel Assistance
- 14-Day Trial – if you aren't satisfied, cancel your plan up to 14 days after your purchase for a full refund (minus an $8 administrative fee)
Worldwide Trip Protector Plan: Our Most Popular Travel Cancellation Plan
Our Worldwide Trip Protector Plan is our best selling plan. It offers you a broad range of benefits and optional coverage to choose from. It also has comprehensive travel medical coverage included in the plan design.
- Trip Cancellation, Trip Delay, and Trip Interruption Coverage
- Protection for pre-existing medical conditions as well as Supplier Bankruptcy/Default (when purchased up to 21 days after your initial trip deposit)
- Emergency Illness & Injury Medical Expense (upgradable)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Luggage & Travel Accident Protection
- 24/7 Customer Care and Travel Assistance
- No Obligation 14-Day Free Look – cancel your plan up to 14 days after purchase for full refund (minus $8 administrative fee)
- Children Covered for Free – children age 17 and under traveling with an insured adult are free
Trip Protector Lite Plan: Our Most Affordable Trip Can Plan
The Trip Protector Lite plan is our low cost solution to trip insurance. You pay a lower premium in exchange for a no pre-existing medical condition waiver or bankruptcy and default coverage. This plan works great for trips in the US where medical expenses can be covered by your domestic health insurance instead.
- Trip Cancellation, Delay, and Interruption Protection
- Emergency Illness and Injury Medical Expense Coverage
- 24/7 Travel Assistance and Customer Care
- A Free 14-Day Trial (you can cancel your plan up to 14 days after purchase for a full refund, minus an $8 administrative fee)
- Cover One Child Traveling (age 17 or under) for Free per Insured Adult
Concierge Services to Assist You in Your Travels
Our trip cancellation plans come with complimentary concierge services and identification theft recovery assistance.
- Destination Profiles
- Event Ticketing
- Tee Time Reservations
- Shopping Assistance Services
- Restaurant Referrals and Reservations
- Epicurean Needs
- Floral Services
- Meet-and-Greet Services
- Procurement of hard-to-find items
ID Theft Recovery Assistance1:
- Cancellation of Lost or Stolen Credit Cards
- Provide a Guide Detailing the Steps Needed to Restore One's Identity
- Cash Advance and Translation Services When Traveling
- Notify All Three Major Credit Reporting Agencies to Obtain a Free Credit Report and Place Fraud Alert on Insured's Credit Record
- Notify Local Authorities of ID Theft Incident and Assist Insured Complete Necessary Reports
- Provide Insured Weekly Updated Status Reports Until File is Closed
Global Travel Assistance Services for All Members
All of our trip cancellation insurance plans come with these global travel assistance services:
- 24hr Travel Medical & Assistance Services
- Hospital Admission Guarantee
- Passport and Visa Information
- Prescription Drug/Eyeglass Replacement
- Medical or Legal Referral
- Translation Services
- Emergency Cash Advance
- Inoculation Information
- Lost Luggage Retrieval
- Bail Bond
- Repatriation of Remains
- Medical Evacuation
- Medically Necessary Repatriation
Exclusive, Complimentary Business Concierge Services
Business Concierge Services2:
- Emergency Correspondence and Business Communication Assistance
- Assistance with Locating Available Business Services Such As: Delivery Sites, Internet Cafes, Print/Copy Services
- Assistance with Telephone and Web Conferencing
- Emergency Messaging to Customers, Associates, and Others (Phone, Fax, E-Mail, Text, etc.)
- Real-time Weather, Travel Delay and Flight Status Information
- Worldwide Business Directory Service for Equipment repair/replacement, Warranty Service, etc.
- Emergency Travel Arrangements
Additionally, there are special political evacuation services available with these two plans3. In the event of a political emergency situation due to government or social upheaval while traveling in a foreign country; the Assistance Company will evacuate you home or to the nearest place of safety and then home.
¹ Services are not offered in the Trip Protector Lite Program.
² Services are included in the Worldwide Trip Protector Gold and offered as part of the Baggage Upgrade in the Worldwide Trip Protector. They are not available in the Trip Protector Lite Program.
³ Services included in the Worldwide Trip Protector Gold and offered as part of the Medical Upgrade in the Worldwide Trip Protector. They are not available in the Trip Protector Lite Program.
The Trip Cancellation products available on this site are offered through our partnership with Travel Insured International. Travel Insured International has been in the travel insurance business since 1994. The company is family owned and operated, not a large corporate operation. Travel insurance is their only business. Worldwide Protector Gold, Worldwide Protector, and Trip Protector Lite are underwritten by Arch Insurance Company. Arch Insurance Company, a division of Arch Capital Goup Ltd, provides a wide range of property, casualty and specialty insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial institutions across the United States and Canada. Arch Insurance Company is rated “A+” (Strong) by Standard & Poor’s.