Via Ferrata Insurance
Are you taking a hiking trip? Check out Atlas Travel insurance, which includes via ferrata insurance!
The mountain casts a shadow over you, and you wonder how you are going to climb to the peaks. Luckily for you, someone has already put in a via ferrata course – a virtual high ropes course up the side of the mountain – making your climb easier. Some people enjoy the challenge of using their own ropes, but you prefer the predetermined climb; the path is set, the decisions have been made, and there is nowhere to go but up!
Before you start making that ascent to the top of the mountain, you should make sure your insurance will cover you the whole way to the peak. Atlas Travel insurance from HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) can give you the peace of mind that you are looking for as you travel and climb the mountains of the world
While many insurance companies charge extra to cover extreme sports, Atlas Travel insurance includes coverage for eligible via ferrate injuries that occur while abroad at no additional charge. We offer several different Atlas Travel plans depending on your destination for via ferrata and how many are in your group. Atlas America® is designed for those whose travel incudes the U.S. or Canada. If you are traveling outside of the U.S., we have Atlas International® insurance. Traveling with a group? If you have 5 or more in your group, you should check out Atlas Group® for a discounted rate!
Via Ferrata Destinations
Almost every country in Europe has via ferrata routes. We have collected this list of some of the hotspots for the sport around Europe. If you are planning a trip abroad soon, be sure to plan for a stop in one of these nations:
Via Ferrata Destinations
- Italy - Italy is home to over 400 different via ferrata routes. Most of the routes are located in the Dolomite Mountains. Via ferrata enthusiasts can chose between day or week long treks or a World War I hiking tour.
- France - France boasts an impressive 120 distinct via ferrata routes that range in different skill levels. No matter your experience at climbing via ferrata routes, you should be able to find the perfect course in France.
- Germany - Many of Germany’s via ferrata routes are located in the southern regions near the Austrian border.
- Spain - Spain offers travelers 12 different via ferrata routes.
- Norway - There are currently two via ferrata routes in Norway. The first begins at the Norwegian Museum of Hydro Power and Industry, and the second one is in Hemsedal.
- Poland - Orla Perc is the only via ferrata route in Poland.
- Sweden - If you are traveling to Kebnekaise, Funasdalen, or the High Coast area of Sweden, then you will be able to find at least one via ferrata route.
- United Kingdom - There are routes located in the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales National Park, and Scotland.
How HCCMIS Works
For you, the best part of Atlas Travel insurance and via ferrata routes is the assistance you get while climbing. HCCMIS can do the same thing for you while you travel or if you are in an accident. We offer great via ferrata insurance benefits that any climbing enthusiast can get behind. At HCCMIS, we are experienced and efficient in handling international medical emergencies for our members. We have 15 years’ of experience caring for our members while they are on overseas adventures and coordinating their medical care in different languages and across borders.
Benefits of Via Ferrata Coverage
- Online quote, purchase, and fulfillment so you get the coverage you need in 5 minutes or less!
- Up to $1 million in coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses
- 100% coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses outside the U.S.
- $500,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage
- No copay for emergency room visits for injuries Physician visits and hospitalization
- Prescription medication coverage
- Emergency ambulance transport coverage
- Physical therapy visits
- Crisis response coverage
- Personal liability coverage
Key Benefits of Atlas Travel® insurance from HCCMIS
|Covered Benefits||Provided With Atlas Travel insurance|
|Guaranteed Acceptance||Yes: No medical underwriting is required for eligible individuals. See the Description of Coverage for full eligibility|
|Coverage for pre-existing conditions||Partially: Up to $100,000 lifetime life for the eligible medical expense for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries outside the U.S.||Yes: We will pay 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible, up to the overall maximum limit of the policy. See the Description of Coverage for more details|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries inside the PPO||Yes: For eligible expenses within the PPO Network. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|Sports coverage at no additional charge||Yes: Coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses related to sports activities. See the Description of Coverage for limitations.|
|Emergency medical evacuations available 24/7||Yes, $500,000 in coverage regardless of policy maximum.|
|Complete online enrollment capabilities & immediate fulfillment||Yes: Selecting 'Yes' to online fulfillment when purchasing will ensure your policy information will be available to print once your application has been processed and your credit card approved.|
At HCCMIS, we understand the stress of planning a trip, which is why we offer 24/7 customer service that can help you find the right plan or answer any questions you may have about an existing plan. We also offer a number of travel assistance services that you might find helpful: pre-trip destination information, emergency cash transfers, medical monitoring, assistance in replacing passports and other travel documents, and many more! You can learn more about these and our other services by visiting our Customer Services page!
Just love learning about extreme sports? Read more below or check out our blog for more destination based travel tips!