Virginia Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
From HCC Life
Our international provider network includes over 81,000 health care professionals and facilities in Virginia alone! Find a Doctor. Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Virginia with our short-term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Virginia Specific STM Benefits
- Periodic Mammogram Exams Starting at Age 35
- Mental Health Coverage
- Phenylketonuria Testing and Formula
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance from HCC Life Insurance can be the ideal solution for Virginia residents in a transitional life phase. Recent graduates, new retirees awaiting Medicare to activate and anyone between jobs may find temporary health insurance the solution to their health coverage needs. Six deductible choices are available with no required primary care physician. Out-of-network coverage is offered as well. No referrals are necessary for visits to specialists except for physical therapy. Virginia residents opting for HCC Life short term health plans receive coverage for hospital inpatient and outpatient services, labs, X-rays and emergency room care.
Click below to read more about how Short Term Medical insurance can fit your needs in any stage of life:
Short Term Medical insurance can fit your needs in any stage of life:
For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Virginia Bureau of Insurance Resource: http://www.scc.virginia.gov/division/boi/webpages/boiconsumer.htm