Taking a wake boarding trip? Make sure you check out travel insurance before you leave home!
As you approach the first big wake of the season, you try to imagine yourself in the air doing a 360. Right before you hit the wake you close your eyes, bend your knees, and prepare for the jump. It is going to be a big one. For wake boarders, there is no greater thrill than the back and forth of riding a speed boat’s wake. If you are traveling abroad and intend to wake board, you should consider covering yourself with a travel medical insurance policy.
While many insurance companies charge extra to cover extreme sports, Atlas Travel® insurance includes coverage in the event of a wakeboarding accident. We offer several different Atlas Travel plans depending on your destination and how many are in your group. If you are planning a trip to the U.S. or Canada, Atlas America® is designed for your trip. If you are traveling outside of the U.S., we have Atlas International® insurance. Going on a group trip? If you have 5 or more in your group, check out Atlas Group® for a discounted rate!
Wakeboarding Tips: Fins of Wake Boards
Before you grab your board and hit the wakes, make sure your board is the right one for what you want to do. There are six different fin styles that help you accomplish different tricks and maneuvers:
Types of Fins on Wake Boards
- Long-Based Fins - These fins allow the rider a better release and a looser feel, and allow the rider an easier ride through flat water.
- Moulded Fins - These fins are actually channels in the board that allow it to hold up better on rails and ramps.
- Multi-Finned Set-Ups - If you are looking for maximum aggression through wakes, then these are the fins for you.
- Canted Side Fins - Perfect for grinds, nose presses, and tail presses, these fins allow the rider to lean on the edge and hook the board up more.
- Cupped Side Fins - Slightly smaller than canted side fins, these fins add more of a push-pull effect.
- No Fins - Some riders prefer to wake board without fins at all.
Read about the history of wakeboarding.
As you prepare for an international wakeboarding adventure, you might want to learn some of the most interesting wakeboarding tricks that have been attempted by the masters. This short list describes the top five wakeboarding tricks perfected by wakeboarding experts:
Top Five Tricks
- Pete Rose – Toe slide back roll with front 360 and grab
- Bel Air – Water speed combined with a back flip
- Double Backroll– Switch double flip with a 360
- Speedball – Multiple flip
- Half Cab Double Backroll – 2 flips followed by a 180 and a landing switch
What HCCMIS can Do for You
All of our Atlas Travel plans can keep you covered for a short trip or a yearlong excursion. We also want to be there for you when the wake puts you in over your head, so we offer these great benefits as part of our wake boarding insurance coverage. At HCCMIS, we are experienced and efficient in handling international medical emergencies for our members. We have 15 years’ of experience caring for our members while they are on overseas adventures and coordinating their medical care in different languages and across borders.
Benefits of Wakeboarding Insurance Coverage
- Online quote, purchase, and fulfillment so you get the coverage you need in 5 minutes or less!
- Up to $1 million in coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses
- 100% coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses outside the U.S.
- $500,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage
- No copay for emergency room visits for injuries Physician visits and hospitalization
- Prescription medication coverage
- Emergency ambulance transport coverage
- Physical therapy visits
Key Benefits of Atlas Travel® insurance from HCCMIS
|Covered Benefits||Provided With Atlas Travel insurance|
|Guaranteed Acceptance||Yes: No medical underwriting is required for eligible individuals. See the Description of Coverage for full eligibility|
|Coverage for pre-existing conditions||Partially: Up to $100,000 lifetime life for the eligible medical expense for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries outside the U.S.||Yes: We will pay 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible, up to the overall maximum limit of the policy. See the Description of Coverage for more details|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries inside the PPO||Yes: For eligible expenses within the PPO Network. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|Sports coverage at no additional charge||Yes: Coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses related to sports activities,. See the Description of Coverage for for limitations.|
|Emergency medical evacuations available 24/7||Yes, $500,000 in coverage regardless of policy maximum.|
|Complete online enrollment capabilities & immediate fulfillment||Yes: Selecting 'Yes' to online fulfillment when purchasing will ensure your policy information will be available to print once your application has been processed and your credit card approved.|
At HCCMIS, we understand the stress of planning a trip, which is why we offer 24/7 customer service that can help you find the right plan or answer any questions you may have about an existing plan. We also offer a number of travel assistance services that you might find helpful: pre-trip destination information, emergency cash transfers, medical monitoring, assistance in replacing passports and other travel documents, and many more! You can learn more about these and our other services by visiting our Customer Services page!
Just love learning about extreme sports? Read more below or check out our blog for more destination based travel tips!
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.