Washington D.C. Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
From HCC Life
Our international provider network includes over 11,000 health care professionals and facilities in Washington, D.C. alone! Find a Doctor. Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Washington, D.C. with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Washington D.C.-Specific STM Benefits
- Copay for Urgent Care Center Treatment
- Prostate Cancer Screenings Starting at Age 50 or Younger If High Risk
- Periodic Mammogram Exams Starting at Age 40
- Mental Health Coverage
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In Washington, D.C., short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Washington, D.C. Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking Regulation Resource: http://disb.dc.gov/.