A study-abroad blog post icon

H1N1 Is Still Hitting College Campuses - Are You Covered?

Posted by on in Study Abroad

H1N1 Is Still Hitting College Campuses - Are You Covered?

With an increasing number of H1N1 cases on college campuses around the world, health insurance for international students is becoming even more beneficial. Many colleges and universities require medical coverage in order for international students to enroll and study in programs abroad. Even though many schools sponsor and distribute their own H1NI medical plans, students still have the option to purchase a third-party plan as long as that plan meets the school’s minimum benefit requirements.

HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) offers international medical coverage under StudentSecure, a product designed specifically for international and study abroad students or scholars. Among the benefits* included with StudentSecure is the coverage of inpatient hospitalization costs that could result from illness caused by the H1N1 Virus or other flu virus. The recent surge in H1N1 cases on college campuses may be causing a scare, but HCCMIS can help relieve some of the financial worry with their StudentSecure plan.

*All benefits are subject to the provisions, limitations, and exclusions listed in the Certificate of Insurance.

For more information, please contact: HCCMIS at 1(800) 605-2282 or www.hccmis.com.


  • facebook
  • twitter
  • pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • rss