Atlas Travel® Insurance
Why I Need An Atlas Travel Plan
A plan from HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS) is with you almost anywhere on the planet you may travel for vacation, studying abroad, corporate travel, mission trips or extreme sports adventures. Atlas Travel insurance provides international travel medical insurance for periods of travel between 5 and 364 days. Oftentimes the primary insurance you rely on in your home country will not cover you while you are abroad. HCC Medical Insurance Services offers the Atlas Travel Series, one of the industry’s leading international insurance products, to protect you while traveling outside your home country.
Key Benefits of Atlas Travel Insurance
|Covered Benefits||Included with Atlas Travel insurance|
|Guaranteed Acceptance||Yes: No medical underwriting is required for eligible individuals. See the Description of Coverage for full eligibility.|
|Coverage for pre-existing conditions||Partially: Up to $100,000 lifetime for eligible medical expenses for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries outside the U.S.||Yes: We will pay 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible, up to the overall maximum limit of the policy. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries within the U.S||Yes: For eligible expenses within the PPO Network. See the Description of Coverage for more details|
|Sports coverage at no additional charge||Yes: Coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses related to sports activities,. See the Description of Coverage for limitations.|
|Emergency medical evacuations available 24/7||Yes, $500,000 in coverage regardless of policy maximum|
|Complete online enrollment capabilities & immediate fulfillment||Yes: Selecting "Yes" to online fulfillment when purchasing will ensure your policy information will be available to print once your application has been processed and your credit card approved.|
|Crisis Response||Yes, $10,000 in coverage to offset ransom, personal belongings surrendered during a kidnapping, and expenses & fees.|
Do I need travel medical insurance?
Many times the primary medical insurance in your home country will not cover you while traveling abroad and often will not provide important services, perhaps essential ones, in the event of an illness or injury. Atlas Travel includes these essentials such as translation assistance while being treated, doctor and hospital referrals, and assistance replacing lost prescriptions.
At HCCMIS we provide 24/7 customer service for our Atlas Travel insurance members. We also offer several different kinds of travel assistance services like emergency travel arrangements. In the event of medical emergencies, political evacuations, and natural disasters, we will provide you with assistance in making emergency travel arrangements.
Who Would Benefit From An Atlas Travel Plan?
Atlas Travel Insurance: Plan Benefits
|Deductibles||You choose $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,500 per Certificate Period|
|Coinsurance – Claims incurred in U.S. or Canada||80% of the next $5,000 of Eligible Expenses after the Deductible, then 100% to the Overall Maximum Limit. 100% of eligible expenses if the PPO network is used|
|Coinsurance – Claims incurred outside U.S. or Canada||100% of Eligible Expenses after the Deductible up to the Overall Maximum Limit|
|Hospital Room and Board||Covered|
|Hospital Indemnity||$100 per day|
|Intensive Care Unit||Covered|
|Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition (only available to age 70)||$100,000 lifetime limit for eligible medical expenses for all coverage maximum greater than $50,000; otherwise $50,000 Lifetime Limit for Eligible Medical Expenses
$25,000 Lifetime Limit for Emergency Medical Evacuation
|Physical Therapy||$50 Maximum per visit|
|All Other Eligible Medical Expenses||Usual, Reasonable and Customary charges|
|Emergency Dental||Acute Onset of Pain - $250 limit per Certificate Period (not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance)
Accident - Overall Maximum Limit
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||$500,000 Maximum Lifetime Limit (not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance)|
|Emergency Reunion||$50,000 limit per Certificate Period (not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance)|
|Return of Minor Children||$50,000 limit per Certificate Period (not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance)|
|Political Evacuation||$10,000 Maximum Lifetime Limit (not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance)|
|Terrorism||$50,000 Maximum Lifetime Limit, Eligible Medical Expenses only|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Not subject to deductible or coinsurance. Excludes loss due to Common Carrier Accident.)||
Members age 18 to 69:
Members under age 18:
Members age 70 to 74:
Members age 75 and older
|Common Carrier Accidental Death||Members age 18 or older: $50,000 per Member
Members under age 18: $25,000 per Member
(Not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance. Subject to a Maximum of $250,000 for any one family.)
|Repatriation of Remains||Overall Maximum Limit (not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance)|
|Natural Disaster Benefit||Maximum $100 a day for 5 days (not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance)|
|Trip Interruption||$5,000 limit per Certificate Period|
|Lost Checked Luggage||$250 limit per Certificate Period (not subject to Deductible or Coinsurance)|
|Hospital Pre-certification Penalty||50% of Eligible Medical Expenses|
|Maximum per Injury / Illness||Age 80 or older: $10,000 (only available for Atlas International)
Age 70 to 79: $50,000 or $100,000
All others: $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000
|Overall Maximum Limit per Certificate Period||Age 80 or older: $10,000 (Atlas International only)
Age 70 to 79: $50,000 or $100,000
All others: $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000
|Crisis Response||$10,000 in coverage to offset ransom, personal belongings surrendered during a kidnapping, and expenses & fees, as well as access to experts to advise, coordinate with law enforcement, and manage/execute negotiations during a kidnapping.|
|Personal Liability||$10,000 lifetime limit|
Want to know more about Atlas Travel insurance, how it works, and the benefits? Read more below:
Atlas America Insurance (for individuals traveling worldwide including the U.S. and Canada)
Atlas International Insurance (for individuals traveling worldwide except the U.S. and Canada)
Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Buy Atlas Travel Insurance¹
1. Global Coverage: Unlike many domestic plans with limited international coverage (or no coverage in some cases), travel medical insurance provides insurance coverage while receiving medical care in a foreign country. This can reduce or even eliminate the need for you to pay large medical bills out-of-pocket while on holiday vacation overseas. Whether it’s a cut that needs stitches or a tooth that aches, medical emergencies know no geographical boundaries.
2. Emergency Evacuation: If an unfortunate situation were to occur in which you face a potential loss of life or limb because you become seriously injured or fall ill and there was not adequate medical care within your proximity, Atlas Travel insurance would provide coverage for emergency medical evacuations.
3. Emergency Reunion: If you have experienced an emergency medical evacuation Atlas Travel insurance will provide coverage to bring an immediate family member to you so they may stay with you and/or assist you during your travel back home.
4. Return of Minors: No one really wants to picture a disaster striking their family while on vacation. However, if it did and you were hospitalized, an Atlas Travel medical insurance plan may provide coverage to return your covered minor child or children back to your home country.
5. Adventure Sports: For some, going on a cruise or to an island destination is a dream come true and possibly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and experience. As with most travel destinations, there are loads of activities you can choose from while you are on a fantasy holiday vacation overseas. Before you sign up for that zip-lining or scuba-diving excursion, take a look at your insurance policy. Many people do not realize that these activities are typically excluded from travel medical insurance policies. With Atlas International and Atlas America insurance, sports and adventure activities are covered at no additional cost for eligible injuries and illnesses.
6. Accidental Death & Dismemberment: Provides coverage in the unlikely event of an accidental death or loss of limb. Benefits are provided in a lump sum and are not subject to deductible or policy limits.
7. Return of Remains: Atlas Travel insurance comes with a repatriation of remains benefit to help return a deceased member’s mortal remains to their home country.
8. Worldwide Access: With the use of the Internet, you can look up your travel medical insurance policy information, file a claim, get answers to questions and even reprint your ID card using our online account management tool, Client Zone. If you prefer to speak to someone in person, our World Service Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
9. Natural Disaster & Terrorism: When disaster strikes, whether by Mother Nature or man, it’s important to know you are covered while you are outside your home country. Atlas Travel insurance plan provides coverage for certain natural disasters and acts of terrorism situations as part of its standard benefit offering.
10. Travel and Medical Assistance Services²: Travel problems can happen that are medically related. Having a helping hand on call free of charge only makes it that much more important to have a travel medical insurance plan! From trip cancellations or delays to lost luggage or travel documents, our full set of travel assistance services are included with every international plan we offer.
Atlas Travel Claim Savings Example
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.