Kentucky Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
From HCC Life
Our international provider network includes over 57,000 health care professionals and facilities in Kentucky alone! Find a Doctor. Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Kentucky with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Choice of Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Kentucky-Specific STM Benefits
- Copay for Urgent Care Center Treatments
- Periodic Mammogram Exams Starting at Age 35
- Mental Health Coverage
- Endometriosis Testing
- Bone Marrow Transplants
- Bone Density Testing
HCC Life short term medical insurance presents more than 55,000 health care professionals and facilities in Kentucky. Individual health insurance and policies that include dependents provide coverage for general health care such as routine physical exams, hospitalization, emergency room care, outpatient surgery plus laboratory tests, X-rays and hospital inpatient prescription drugs. Urgent Care Center treatments are included in policy coverage with a co-payment. Other coverage benefits for Kentucky residents include preventative care as well as testing services.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times. Click below to read more:
- Individuals between jobs
- New employees waiting on benefits
- Retired individuals (under 65) waiting on Medicare
- Recent U.S. immigrants
- Recent college graduates
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In Kentucky,short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Kentucky Department of Insurance Resource. Other benefits and exclusions are contained in the Policy. Please read it carefully.