Illinois Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
Please note, our Short Term Medical insurance is intended for temporary gaps in health insurance. It is not compliant with the federal Affordable Care Act and does not cover expenses related to pre-existing conditions.
Our international provider network includes over 205,000 health care professionals and facilities in Illinois alone! Find a Doctor in the network here.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Illinois with our short-term medical insurance plan by reviewing the full policy documents here.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Choice of Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
- Copay for Urgent Care Center Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Screenings
- Periodic Mammogram Exam Starting at Age 35
- Clinical breast examinations for women beginning at age 20
- Mental Health Coverage
- Dental Care Service
- Osteoporosis Coverage
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72 hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Illinois with our short term medical insurance plan and get a personalized quote.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Get Short Term Insurance