Rhode Island Short Term Medical Insurance
Our international provider network includes over 14,000 health care professionals and facilities in Rhode Island alone! Find a Doctor in the network here.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Rhode Island with our short term medical insurance plan by reviewing the full policy documents here.
General STM Benefits
- Includes Coverage in Canada
- Deductible Choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Choice of Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72-hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation Resource: http://www.ohic.ri.gov/Consumer_Assistance.php
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Get Short Term Insurance