Wisconsin Short Term Medical Insurance Plans
Our international provider network includes over 157,000 health care professionals and facilities in Wisconsin alone! Find a Doctor in the network here.
Get more details regarding all the benefits available in Wisconsin with our short-term medical insurance plan by reviewing the full policy documents here.
General STM Benefits
- Deductible Choices: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- No Referrals Needed for Specialists Except Physical Therapy
- No Primary Care Physician Required
- Out-of-Network Coverage
- Choice of 80/20% or 50/50% Coinsurance
- Coverage Maximum up to $2,000,000 Lifetime
- Hospital Inpatient Prescription Drug Coverage
- Lab/X-ray, Emergency Room, Outpatient Surgery & Hospitalization Coverage
Wisconsin-Specific STM Benefits
- Copay for Urgent Care Center Treatments
- Mental Health Coverage
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Childhood Immunizations
- Mammograms beginning at age 45
- Kidney Disease Treatment
- Dental Care
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Lead Poisoning Screening
- TMJ Disorder
- Diabetic Coverage
- Colorectal Cancer Examinations beginning at age 50
Get a Quote
Limits and Considerations of STM Coverage
- Coverage for 1 to 6 months
- Pre-existing conditions excluded
- 72-hour waiting period for illness when coverage is purchased within three days of the effective date. Waiting period does not apply to injuries.
Short term medical insurance is a general term used by most consumers. In Wisconsin, short term medical insurance is officially called Limited Benefit Short Term Medical Insurance. For individual health insurance purchasing guides and suggestions, see the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance: http://oci.wi.gov/pub_list/pi-051.htm.
There are transitional periods in life that can leave you without medical coverage for a brief time. HCC Medical Insurance Services understands your need for peace of mind about health insurance coverage during uncertain times.
Get Short Term Insurance