Taking a surfing trip soon? We can help plan your trip and keep you insured!
You are standing on the beach. The swells are starting to build up. The morning sun has just started to peek over the horizon. The sounds of the waves drown out all other noise. You put your feet in the water. It is cool. You lay your board down and begin to paddle. The waves wash over you. You sit and wait for that perfect one. The one that will carry you back to shore. And when it comes you begin to paddle hard. Hoping you will catch it at the right moment.
Any surfer knows that to find the best spots for surfing excellence, a bit of travel is in order. If you have mastered the waves in your own back yard and are ready to trek the globe in search of memorable surfing experiences, you will want to stay secure with a reliable travel medical insurance policy, like Atlas Travel® from HCC Medical Insurance Services (HCCMIS).
Atlas Travel insurance from HCCMIS® offers travelers, like yourself, the coverage you need for a surfing accident. While many insurance companies charge extra to cover extreme sports, Atlas Travel insurance includes coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses that may occur while surfing abroad at no additional charge. If you are traveling outside of the U.S., you will want to consider Atlas International® insurance. If you are traveling to the U.S. and Canada to ride the waves, Atlas America® is the medical insurance plan for you! If you are considering doing some recreational surfing on your upcoming trip, Atlas Travel insurance might be a great idea! When you purchase Atlas Travel, you will receive great benefits like zero coinsurance outside of the United States and emergency medical evacuations.
Top 4 Places to Surf in the World
Surfing has grown into a world sport. Athletes from around the world boast about their home country’s best places for truly awesome waves. We’ve compiled this short list of some of the best the world has to offer:
Best Places to Surf in the World
- Bells Beach, Victoria, Australia - Home to the longest running surfing competition in the world, Bells Beach has been a popular destination since 1939. The beach is home to many famous surf breaks and has been featured in a few movies.
- Pipeline, Oahu, Hawaii - This is a surf break, not an actual beach, but it is popular because of its huge waves breaking in shallow waters.
- Teahup’o, Tahiti - The waves at this popular beach spot have been known to reach up to 10 feet high. The Billabong Pro Tahiti surfing competition takes place here every year.
- Jefferys Bay, Eastern Cape, South Africa - The waves here have been broken up into several different sections. The sections are famous on their own merit, but it has also been known that surfers can ride one section to the next, allowing for up to a kilometer long ride.
Easy Riding with HCCMIS
Atlas International insurance and Atlas America insurance have great benefits for surfing enthusiasts for eligible injuries and illnesses. At HCCMIS, we are experienced and efficient in handling international medical emergencies for our members. We have 15 years’ of experience caring for our members while they are on overseas adventures and coordinating their medical care in different languages and across borders.
Benefits of Surfing Insurance
- Online quote, purchase, and fulfillment so you get the coverage you need in 5 minutes or less!
- Up to $1 million in coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses
- 100% coverage for eligible injuries and illnesses outside the U.S.
- $1,000,000 in Emergency Medical Evacuation coverage,
- No copay for emergency room visits for injuries Physician visits and hospitalization
- Prescription medication coverage
- Emergency ambulance transport coverage
- Physical therapy visits
- Crisis response coverage
- Personal liability coverage
Key Benefits of Atlas Travel® insurance from HCCMIS
|Covered Benefits||Provided With Atlas Travel insurance|
|Guaranteed Acceptance||Yes: No medical underwriting is required for eligible individuals. See the Description of Coverage for full eligibility|
|Coverage for pre-existing conditions (excludes chronic and congenital conditions)||Limited: Up to medical coverage maximum lifetime for eligible medical expenses for the acute onset of a pre-existing condition. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries outside the U.S.||Yes: We will pay 100% of eligible medical expenses after the deductible, up to the overall maximum limit of the policy. See the Description of Coverage for more details|
|100% coverage for accidents and injuries inside the PPO||Yes: For eligible expenses within the PPO Network. See the Description of Coverage for more details.|
|Sports coverage at no additional charge||Yes: Coverage for eligible injuries or illnesses related to sports activities. See the Description of Coverage for limitations.|
|Emergency medical evacuations available 24/7||Yes, $1,000,000 in coverage regardless of policy maximum.|
|Complete online enrollment capabilities & immediate fulfillment||Yes: Selecting 'Yes' to online fulfillment when purchasing will ensure your policy information will be available to print once your application has been processed and your credit card approved.|
At HCCMIS, we understand the stress of planning a trip, which is why we offer 24/7 customer service that can help you find the right plan or answer any questions you may have about an existing plan. We also offer a number of travel assistance services that you might find helpful: pre-trip destination information, emergency cash transfers, medical monitoring, assistance in replacing passports and other travel documents, and many more! You can learn more about these and our other services by visiting our Customer Service page!
Just love learning about extreme sports? Read more below or check out our blog for more destination based travel tips!
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.