Travel Assistance Services
For those customers who purchase an internationl medical insurance plan, we offer a full set of free, valuable travel and medical assistance services.
To access these services, simply call our World Service Center at (800) 605-2282 or (317) 262-2132 (collect calls accepted).
24/7 Customer Service
- Customer Service and Emergency Travel Assistance are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Travel Alerts & Warnings
- Access to governmental travel alerts & warnings for your destination(s).
Tracking for Lost Luggage
- Access to a tracking service for assistance in locating luggage or other items lost in transit.
Emergency Message Relay
- Should an emergency occur, a central point of contact will be established to communicate important information and messages from the member to a family member, friend, employer, etc.
Emergency Cash Transfers
- Assistance in arranging an emergency cash transfer with or without currency exchange is available.
Lost Passport & Travel Documents Assistance
- Assistance with obtaining replacement passports, birth certificates, visas, airline documents, and other travel-related documents.
Embassy & Consulate Referrals
- Contact information for various Embassies is available. In addition, if a US citizen becomes seriously hurt or ill overseas, a US Consular Officer can assist in finding timely medical care.
Legal & Accounting Referrals
- Recommended legal and accounting professionals can be provided should you find yourself in the need of these services while overseas.
Bail Bond Assistance
- If incarceration were to occur, assistance in obtaining a bail bond is available.
Translation & Interpretation AssistanceThere are some situations where having a professional interpreter is appropriate, such assistance can be arranged for you over the phone.
Prescription Drug Replacement
- If you were to lose your prescription medication while traveling, assistance will be provided to replace them.
Pre-trip Destination Information
- Up-to-date information regarding the required vaccinations, health risks, travel restrictions, and weather conditions specific to your destination country is available via our HCC Travel Board.
- Consultations with attending medical professionals during your hospitalization and establishment of a single point-of-contact for family members or friends to receive ongoing updates regarding your medical status.
- Contact information for Western-style medical facilities, dental practices, and pharmacies in your destination country that speak English.
Emergency Travel Arrangements
- In the case of medical emergencies, political evacuations, and natural disasters, assistance in making emergency travel arrangements is available.
Dispatch of Physician/Nurse
- In situations where your illness/injury prevents you from traveling, a physician can be dispatched to you.
Credit Card/Traveler Check Replacement
- Assistance in replacing lost or stolen credit cards and traveler's checks is available.