Visitor Visa Insurance
If you are planning a trip to the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical reasons, then you need a Visitors Visa. And don’t forget about medical insurance!
The visitor visa is a non-immigrant visa for individuals traveling to the U.S. temporarily for business (B1 visa) for pleasure or medical treatment (B2) or a combination of both (B1 and B2 visa) purposes.
If you are visiting the U.S. on vacation or holiday, or visiting with friends or relatives, then a visitor visa (B2 visa) would be the appropriate visa type. Ultimately, a consular officer will determine the visa category you will need based on the purpose of your travel and your supporting documentation.
When you come to the U.S, it is important to have access to medical care and insurance that covers you for emergencies. While you are on visitor visa, you will want to consider insurance for any medical emergencies that could happen while you are in the U.S. HCCMIS offers Atlas America®insurance for those looking for insurance. Atlas America covers eligible sicknesses and injuries while you are traveling from your home country and while you are in the U.S. for up to 12 months. Atlas America can be a valuable addition to your planning to come to the U.S. on a visitor visa. With Atlas America, you get access to a whole network of doctors and hospitals in locations across the country willing to help you in the event of a medical emergency. Atlas America also connects you with the World Service Center, a team of customer service professionals trained to assist in English, Spanish, and many other languages in the event of a sickness, accident, or other type of medical emergency.Get a Quote
How To Qualify for a Visitors Visa
1. Prove your trip is for business, pleasure, or medical treatment – You must have documentation that shows your trip is for the purpose of business, pleasure or medical treatment.
2. Plan to only stay for a specific and limited period – The B1, B2 and B1 and B2 visas are all intended for a limited stay in the U.S., so be sure when you are proving the purpose of your trip, you make it clear you will only be there for a specific and limited time.
3. Have funds to cover your expenses – During your visa interview, your Consular Officer will ask you to prove that you have the necessary funds to support yourself while in the U.S., and to return home when your business in the country is finished.
4. Have ties to your home – You must also prove that you have a reason to come home. The U.S. wants assurance that you will only stay in the country for as long as your visa allows.Get a Quote
Visitors Visa Requirements and Documents
According to the U.S. Department of State, there are a number of visitor visa forms that need to be completed and supporting documentation provided in order to qualify for a USA visitor visa.
Supporting documentation for a visitor visa can include:
- Documents that show the purpose of the trip.
- Documents which show the intent to depart the United States, and arrangements made to cover the costs of the trip may be provided.
As you are preparing to apply for a visitor visa, please remember that the U.S. Department of State recommends some nonimmigrant visa holders to provide proof of health insurance to establish an applicant’s eligibility. Visit the U.S. Department of State’s website to verify if this is required for your visa here. Individuals who buy Atlas America® insurance are provided with a “visa letter” showing proof of coverage which shows the visa holders name, passport information, length of stay, and medical coverage maximums which can be taken to your visa interview appointment
Learn more by contacting the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
HCC Medical Insurance Services, LLC (HCCMIS) is a service company that is a subsidiary of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. HCCMIS is regulated by the State of Indiana in our capacity as Third Party Administrator. HCCMIS has authority to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Lloyd's underwriting members of Lloyd's Syndicate 4141, which is managed by HCC Underwriting Agency Ltd.